DetailsDeveloped by the experts at Squires Kitchen and thoroughly tested by professional cake makers, Flexi-Ice is both easy to make up and apply. Mix the powder 50:50 with hot water to make the exact amount of icing you need and beat until smooth. Once mixed, Flexi-Ice is perfect for piping and stencilling on cakes, cupcakes and cookies. For a lace effect, choose a favourite lace mat and spread the paste over the mould with a smoother or large palette knife for a realistic fabric-effect finish. Leave the icing white for an authentic lace look or colour it any shade with Squires Kitchen’s wide range of liquid, paste and dust food colours. Place in a cool oven or dehumidifier for just 20–30 minutes and the paste should easily peel away from the mat. Flexi-Ice remains pliable for at least a day and, if it starts to firm up, just pass the icing through the steam of a kettle to restore its flexibility. Once made, its unique texture makes it so easy to decorate with – simply cut the paste with scissors or a pizza wheel and fold into shape. Create on-trend lace decorations, such as sumptuous frills, beautiful bows and delicate flowers for celebration cakes, favours, desserts and more. A store cupboard staple for every cake maker, a little of this exceptional all-round icing goes a long way allowing you to decorate several cakes from just one pack.
- Additional Information
Brand Squires Kitchen Ingredients Sugar; Glucose Powder; Potato Starch; Thickeners: Sodium Alginate, Gum Tragacanth, Xanthan Gum; Colour: E171, *E129, *E102; Potassium Sorbate; Acidity Regulator: Citric Acid; Natural Vanilla Flavouring.
*E102, E129 May have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children.
Manufacturer's Guidelines May contain traces of nuts.
Suitable for vegetarians. No gluten containing ingredients.
Instructions 1. Sift the contents of the sachet into a bowl
2. Add 150ml of cooled, boiled water for every 100g of the mix
3. If you prefer to use a softer consistency of paste, add a little more water
4. Colour with SK liquid, dust or paste food colours, if desired
5. Beat for 3 minutes with a spoon until it forms a lump-free mixture
6. Choose a lace mat and smooth the icing firmly over the mould with a plastic smoother or large palette knife for an even layer
7. Place in a cool oven (approximately 60–70°C) or a dehumidifier for approximately 20 minutes. Flexi-Ice can also be dried over a longer period of time at room temperature
8. The icing is ready when it pulls away from the mat easily without sticking. If it feels tacky underneath, leave it in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the product is dry enough to peel from the mat. The drying time will vary depending on the mat you are using
9. Attach the edible lace to cakes, cupcakes and cookies with a dab of SK Edible Glue or cooled, boiled water
10. If the paste starts to firm up, pass it through the steam of a kettle to restore its flexibility